Week Twelve: Comics by women



This week I choose another Marvel character to read, similar to last weeks reason, I am a huge Marvel Fan. And with the next big origin story movie coming up next year, I chose to read Ms Marvel.

 I remember first picking up this comic as I had not read a comic featuring a female superhero. It was a good kind of different. The protagonist, Carol Danvers is a United States Air Force pilot and through a series of events gets her power and strength from a super hero named Mar-vell. It was refreshing to see a female lead take the spotlight in fighting to try and save the universe and in opinion, she is the strongest superhero out there. A lot of internal conflict is created where she struggles to find her beginnings and where she belongs - which was interesting to see play out as she tries to find her identity.

Ms. Marvel also represents and relates to a lot of young women to inspire them to be the best versions of themselves and don't give up. I find that relationship similar to how I can relate to Spiderman. Overall I enjoyed this week's reading and think she will gain a lot of new fans when the new movie comes out next year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Seven: Maus Response

Week Five: Eisner and Thompson

Week Fourteen: The Future of Comics